Convoy Solutions enjoys a strong reputation of helping program staff carry out their goals, whether driven by air quality metrics, building the right kind of electric grid demand, or improving quality of life for drivers and local communities. In 2015, Convoy began offering these services for third parties (i.e. fleet owners, facility owners) to accelerate adoption of cleaner equipment on a success-only fee basis.
Our staff, prospects and helps administer one or more available subsidies for equipment replacement, infrastructure upgrades, and construction costs.
- Led the effort for the largest coalition of stakeholders to comment on improvements to the draft VW settlement diesel mitigation fund.
- Successfully adding a provision within the US DOT proposed Grow America Act that would permit “commercial vehicle anti-idling facilities” on rest areas within the US Interstate Highway System
- Convoy has certified 600,000 tons of greenhouse gas emissions reduction credits, earning IdleAir the 2015 Corporate Excellence Award from the American Carbon Registry.
- Secured separate “Buy America” exemptions for US EPA and US DOT funded grants.
- Built electrification infrastructure with the generous assistance of major utilities, including Duke Energy, TVA, and Entergy.
- Applied for and won US DOT Congestion Mitigation Air Quality (CMAQ) funding for a refrigerated fleet customer in North Carolina to receive the maximum possible award amount ($300,000), in the form of 80% reimbursement for new standby capable Carrier Vector eTRUs (Electric Transportation Refrigeration Units).
- Petitioned for ‘technology agnostic treatment’ by the current proposed EPA rule on fuel efficiency standards for heavy duty trucks, which targets 100% penetration for automatic engine disablers that will effectively prevent extended idling.
Like to know more? Please contact Yale Klat at email@example.com